Our Keyworkers are responsible for coordinating all aspects of personal development and individual progress for a group of key students.
Full Time - Term Time Only – Permanent
42.5 hours per week on set shifts including 8 Open Weekend shifts during term time
£21,710 actual p.a. (£11.50 per hour) plus an additional £8 per hour unsocial weekend hours allowance (total annual salary of £22,468 p.a.)
Generous local government pension, retail discounts, well-being sessions, social events and free on-site parking
To enable our students to learn, promote their independence and help them achieve as a dedicated Keyworker you will:
- support key students in the classroom, including physical management and personal care;
- coordinate the personalised programme for each key student within the class and residential setting;
- Setting to keep concise, comprehensive records;
- have a good level of numeracy and literacy;
- have excellent communication skills to liaise effectively and appropriately with students, staff, parents/carers and external agencies;
- be aware of current theory and practice in relation to social care and support for children and young people who have special educational needs.
Successful candidates will be supported to complete the Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (if not already achieved).
Experience of complex physical and medical needs is desirable, however an aspiration to enable students to learn and achieve meaningful independence is essential.
We offer a supportive, friendly working environment in a country school setting and the chance to make a real and positive impact on the lives of Valence students.
For further information please contact the Human Resources team on email@example.com or call 01959 567841.
Closing date for applications:18th November 2019
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnic group but, as men are currently under-represented in this role, we would encourage applications from male candidates. Appointment will be based on merit alone.
Valence School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of every student and expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please see our Mission Statement.
For safeguarding, references will be taken up before interview and successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS check.
Please enter some content for your blog post here.