ICT Helpdesk Technician
- Full Time - Year Round - Permanent
- £25,238 p.a. (Kent Range 8)
- Company events & social hours, generous local government pension, employee discounts at major retailers, sick pay, discounted/free food, wellbeing programmes and free on-site parking
This is an exciting role to assist in the management and development of the school's network and IT infrastructure. Due to the transfer of Kent's Specialist Teaching & Learning Service to Valence School Outreach the ICT Department also supports staff in multiple locations across Kent.
You will have relevant IT technical 'hands on' knowledge with experience of a busy working ICT department and a good working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 - 2019. You will be a problem solver and have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with people at all levels both internally and externally, along with a good sense of humour and the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
As a Helpdesk Technician you will be expected to visit locations around Kent, as and when required, to resolve staff issues. Daily duties will include:
- providing remote and on-site technical support assisting users with various IT issues;
- installing, maintaining and troubleshooting third party software products;
- installing new equipment such as desktop computers, laptops, tablets and mobile phones;
- preparing and supporting staff training sessions on Windows 10 and Office 365.
- Opportunities to get involved in various projects within the school.
Preferably you will have at least 2 years' experience working as an IT Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer or a similar role with proven first line technical support in education. A full UK drivers licence and your own transport are essential for this role (expenses will be reimbursed).
Valence School is a KCC Foundation residential and day Special School for children and young people with physical disabilities, complex medical needs and associated learning and communication difficulties. We are part of the Kent Special Educational Needs Trust.
To apply complete the application form and email HR at email@example.com
Closing date for applications 31 May 2020
Valence School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of every student and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be taken up before interview and the successful applicant will require an enhanced DBS check.